Monday, September 26, 2011

New Training Plan

Welcome to my first blog! I'm totally ninja'ing this idea from my friend Mike on dailymile.

Next summer, my father, brother and I all plan to do an Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Relay together. I of course, get to do the run; And to that end, the training begins!

I've decided to do two, 14 week training plans from Runner's World. Both the Beginner and the Intermediate plans for the Half Marathon. I could possibly start with the intermediate but I'll do it this way to avoid injury. At the end of each training, I'll benchmark myself with a 13.1 mile distance around town or at a nearby race (If I can find one). By the end of the intermediate training, it will be mid-April, and I'll have ran 775 miles. I'll talk more about this later, but here's some graphs!









1 comment:

  1. Glad you are gonna profile your journey! It is a great idea and can be both therapeutic and enlightening as you look back on the things you write! The plans look solid as well and I like your plan to be disciplined and do the beginner plan 1st even though you could knock out the intermediate plan with few (if any) issues!

    Looking forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete